Views On Life

Zero vs Tony Stonem
UptownFunk

Views On Life

Postby UptownFunk » September 17th, 2016, 2:31 am

FADE IN:

EXT. A FARM - A FIELD - DAY

There is a gentle breeze on this warm, summer day. The wheat in the fields sway from side to side. The sun shines, and the clouds were a pure white. It was one of those days you thought could only appear in some sort of advertisement. It was the kind of day that would make you forget about your troubles. It was a day that everyone looked forward to. Quiet serene. Not something that happened often.

TONY STONEM, slender and tall, yet somehow well built and solid all at the same time. His looks were average and his skin was pale. His eyes were his most stunning feature. Green, with golden specs. His pale skin needed this sun. He was young. More than twenty but, hadn’t reached thirty yet.

MICHELLE RICHARDSON, blonde hair and brown eyes. Her skin was fair and her jawline firm. She appeared simple and pleasant. Someone who may make a good mother someday. She was comfortable with Tony. Their relationship however, was uncertain at this time. Though, she was not all like a sister.

They both look into the wheat fields, as if looking for something. Waiting. The tree that they sat underneath, gave them plenty of shade from the sun that would otherwise burn them. Oliva laid her head on his shoulder and let out a sigh. A sigh that said so much but, sounded like so little. Something that would ordinarily mean nothing but, just that. A sigh. But, who had time to pay attention to all that?

TONY
I remember.

MICHELLE
What?

TONY
Remember when you asked me? You asked me if I remembered what is was like before this. And then I lied and I said how I didn’t remember? Well, I do. I remember all of the troubles I had. I remember all of the complications that it brought along with it. Relationships, bills, obligations. It was horrible. I mean, really horrible. And I didn’t want to think about it.

MICHELLE
More horrible what we have now?

TONY
Oddly, yes. Sometimes I wish that I could go back. Go back to when things normal. Before the incident. But, it’s easier somehow. We added so many complications to our lives in an attempt to make us happy. To be happy. We worked and strived to do and be things. These things would only fulfill us for a short time and then we would seek something more. Seek a thrill. This is easier. Less complicated.

MICHELLE
And all the death?

TONY
We haven’t seen anything yet.

MICHELLE
I want to go back, Tony. All this death. I can’t… I don’t want to do it.

TONY
Don’t talk like that.

MICHELLE
We have seen our family and friends die, Tony! And you would rather this life than to go back before the incident?

TONY
I would. As I said, this is more simple. We live. We die. We shoot.

MICHELLE
This isn’t living, Tony. This is surviving.

TONY
Well, I guess this sort of surviving just makes more sense to me, that’s all.

MICHELLE
Life wasn’t supposed to me this way, Tony. It’s not how our parents would have wanted it.

TONY
No one wants this for their children. Michelle.

MICHELLE
I don’t want to bring children into this world.

TONY
Neither do I.

And then Tony shoots up from sitting down, Michelle startled by this, she stands up as well. Tony looks threw a set of binoculars and looks worried, he hands them off to Michelle, who looks. She is surprised by what she sees, as he mouth hangs open, Tony disappears from view for a moment and then returns with a large knife.

He grips it hard, moving passed Michelle, who looks on, worried, as she lowers the binoculars.

MICHELLE
No, Tony!

She tries, in a whisper toned yell but, he advances, into the wheat field. The wheat is high and from where Michelle is, she can barely see him, only that he is leaving a trail as he moves along. Tony continues in the field and knows the general direction in which he needs to head. He hears a general rumbling and the sound of something squishy and the sounds of flies and the ripping away at something.

Sounds you may only hear in a horror film. He advances. When he reaches the obvious destination, he arrives on a scene of what looks to be a rotting flesh human being tearing away at what looks to be a small deer. The scene is truly horrifying as Tony stands there for a moment, unnoticed. It doesn’t take long though, for the rotting skinned, torn clothed being to take notice. It’s eyes a yellow red, it stands up like the dead rising from it’s grave.

Tony grips the handle to knife even more so, as the rotting human body stumbles over what is left of the dead deer carcass. Tony shifts back a bit, as the rotting human falls to the ground. And in a swift movement, Tony brings down the large knife into the skull of the rotting human body. Blood begins to pour out from the top. Tony pulls the knife out and blood continues to ooze from the skull of the victim.

TONY
Taken care of!

He yells, waving to Michelle, who takes a sigh of relief, up by the tree, she removes the binoculars from her eyes and smiles, as she looks out to Tony from a safe spot. Tony also looks just as relieved. He begins to advance as another rotting being appears and wraps his arms along the front of Tony. Tony begins to panic and attempts to grab his knife. The rotting being bares his teeth and lets out a small growl type sound.

Tony retrieves his knife and then drops it in the small scuffle. With the rotting human’s teeth only a half an inch from likely tearing into his flesh, Tony heaves the large cannibal like creature over himself and into the dirt. Tony goes to grab his knife when another appears and attacks him. He pushes him off and quickly and grabs the large knife again, he shoves it right between it’s eyes and pushes it off.

The first one that appeared on him again and regains its position, very close to the neck.

INT. - STONEM APARTMENT - BEDROOM - EARLY MORNING

Tony shoots up from his bed, eyes wide open, his body is covered in sweat and he is out of breath, even his hair is soaking wet from the dream he had just had. He looks over to his left. Right next to him lies the nude body of a blonde haired female he met last night at a club. What was her name? He shook his head and removed the covers from himself, the cool air hitting his nude body.

It was half a blessing and half an ordeal where body was confused for a moment. He wondered to the bathroom, which connected to his bedroom. The sounds of him urinating was a bit loud and the unknown woman in his bed was beginning to wake.

WOMAN
Come back to bed.

She said.

TONY
Get out.

WOMAN
What?

TONY
I said. Get. Out.

WOMAN
Fuck you!

And just like that, she was no longer a woman but, a vagina. A walking, talking vagina. And that was it. She shot up out of the bed. Her figure impressive and younger looking than Tony’s. Perhaps that is why he pursued her to begin with. She didn’t like his attitude and moved to join him in the bathroom. But, just before she entered, the door was closed in her face.

WOMAN
Really?! You’re not even going to let me take a shower?!

Loud music then begin to play in the bathroom. The woman kicked the door in frustration.

WOMAN
Fuck you, Tony Stonem!

She then pouted a bit and walked off. Inside the bathroom, Tony has turned on the shower and looks at himself in the mirror, he studies his face a bit, as steam begins to rise behind him. He looks for imperfections, knowing how shallow the outside world was. He tried his best to stay fit, attractive. His confidence was a part of that. Being satisfied, he grabbed a tablet close by. Turning it on, and opening his browser, WrestleWars.com was the destination.

TONY
Supremacy. Zero. And all he has is a little promotional video. Well, isn’t that nice.

He chuckles to himself and places the tablet right back where he retrieved it. The room now filled with steam, he pulls up the glass door and steps inside.

INT. - RON’S DINER - LATE AFTERNOON

SIDNEY ‘SID’ JENKINS, Slender and pale skin, he wears a beanie, and sweatshirt that is a bit too big for him. He has glasses and the dark hair that does show appears greasy. As greasy as the burgers and fries he is currently devouring. It’s possible he hasn’t bathed in a day or some, he contrast nicely with Tony’s cleanliness and well groomed appearance.

TONY
Sid, you’re eating that like you haven’t eaten in days.

SID
I just woke up, I’m hungry.

TONY
Shit, it’s almost three thirty in the afternoon and you just woke up? Did you just toss on a shirt and hurry over here?

SID
Yeah.

TONY
Fuck me.

SID
So, what did you want to talk about?

TONY
This Wrestle Wars thing.

SID
Yeah? Did you get in?

TONY
Yeah, last week. I am debuting at a pay per view. We’ve talked about this.

SID
You can remember a conversation we had a week ago but, you can’t remember the names of the people you bring home and have sex with?

TONY
Completely unrelated. Anyway, my first match is against what I am assuming to be a guy, who Wrestle Wars rolled out the red carpet for.

SID
Explain.

TONY
He got a promo video and didn’t.

SID
And what?

TONY
And that is favoritism. This is an unfair contest, Sid.

SID
You don’t fail, Tony. Not at anything. Do you really think you’ll fail this time? Stop doubting yourself. Are you not going to eat?

TONY
Please. I wouldn’t eat here if my life depended on it.

SID
So, then how come you invited me here?

TONY
Because, I know you, Sid. You never eat. And if it wasn’t for me, you wouldn’t have a life.

SID
You’re still paying?

TONY
I’m still paying. As usual. So, I have this match and I had a nightmare this morning.

SID
What, your dick fall off?

TONY
No… no… just forget it.

Tony said, as he noticed a young male looking his way, checking him out. The distraction didn’t last long though, as Tony raised his hand, signaling for the bill. It was soon brought to him, as the waiter moved to show him the amount. Tony wasn’t interested though, as he held up a twenty.

TONY
Keep the change.

The waiter nodded and moved on, as Sid looked to him, some sauce from the burger left behind on his chin.

TONY
Wipe your face.

Sid did just that, as Tony looked to him and watched as he dropped the napkin into the basket.

TONY
Done?

He wondered as Sid nodded and moved to stand up but, as always, Tony was one step ahead of him. He moved down toward the male that was looking at him earlier instead of the exit, where Sid was head. Tony pulled something from his jeans pocket, a card, and placed it on the table. He looked to the male and smiled and then he walked away. The male looking back to Tony, as he caught up with Sid.

EXT. - RON’S DINER/CITY STREETS - LATE AFTERNOON

The two young men walk down the street, Tony moves a nice, brisk, and confident stride while Sid lags slightly and is distracted at times by various things and noises.

SID
I don’t understand how you do that.

TONY
Do what?

SID
Sleep with both girls and guys.

TONY
I don’t sleep with, Sid. Not intentionally, anyway. I fuck.

SID
Forgive me for trying to be decent.

TONY
Fuck decency. Nothing fun ever came out of decency.

SID
You have one fucked up sense of life.

TONY
We have talked about this Sid. There are two types of people in the world. People who get fucked and people who do the fucking. I prefer the latter.

SID
Like I said, I don’t get how you can do it.

TONY
A fuck is a fuck, my friend. What does it matter, who is at the end of your dick?

SID
Well, I like women.

TONY
I know this. And that is your right. But, don’t crap on my right to have fun.

SID
Fun, fun. That’s all it is, huh? Well some of us have responsibilities.

TONY
Right. I have them too. You have accounting and I have advertising. And now, wrestling. But, you don’t go to college for wrestling.

SID
Not true. They have wrestling.

TONY
Not my kind, Sid. You know this. Another thing that we have been over.

He walks ahead, as Sid stops to ponder this talk they had at some point. It catches up to him and he nods, realizing that Tony has made it a little far ahead and is beginning to disappear among the crowded sidewalks, he rushes ahead to meet up with his friend.

Last bumped by Anonymous on September 17th, 2016, 2:31 am.

Return to “Singles Match”